Vision and Mission
About Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust(R.):
Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust(SAST), a sister concerned unit of BGSKHET was established in the year 1974 with the blessings of divine soul his holiness Bhairavaikya Paramapoojya Jagadguru Padmabhushan Sri Sri Sri Dr. Balagangadharanatha Swamiji, the 71st Pontiff of Sri Adichunchanagiri Mahasamsthana Math, Nagamangala Taluk, Mandya District, Karnataka. The Trust was started with a sole purpose of promoting education, research and service to humanity at large, having laudable motive of providing Primary and Higher Education to the rural mass to uplift the social, cultural, ethical and moral standards of the people inculcating in them the human values and spirituality.
In its journey of commitments to the nation for nearly five decades, SAST runs more than 500+ Educational institutions catering for about 150000+ students across the country imparting quality education from Primary to Professional Courses with a special focus on young people of semi-urban and rural areas. The major Institutions run by the Trust are in the field of Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Ayurvedic, General Degree, Management, Professional Colleges, Pre-university education and Educational Centre for destitute, Physically Handicapped (blind) and Mentally Retarded people. Most of them are situated in the rural parts of Karnataka, Salem and Erode districts of Tamil Nadu and New Delhi to provide abundant opportunities to the rural masses of our country. Major Institutions and the Institutions managed under the trust are as follows:
Four Engineering Colleges:
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Technology (AIT), Chickmagalur
- Sri Jagadguru Chandrashekaranatha Swamiji Institute of Technology(SJCIT), Chickballapur
- Sri Jagadguru Balagangadharanatha Swamiji Institute of Technology(SJBIT), Bengaluru
- BGS Institute of Technology (BGSIT), BG Nagar, Nagamangala, Mandya District
Two Medical Colleges
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, BG Nagar, Nagamangala, Mandya District
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences, Kengeri, Bengaluru
Educational Institutions managed by SAST:
Ayurvedic Medical Colleges
Architecture & Planning Colleges
B. Ed. Colleges
B.P. Ed. Colleges
Industrial Training Institutes
Lower Primary Schools
Higher Primary Schools
P U Colleges
Schools for Blind
Schools for Deaf & Dumb
Institutions under SAST have achieved a mark of excellence in their respective areas over the years under the able guidance of 72nd Pontiff Paramapoojya Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanandanatha Mahaswamiji, President, SAST. At present, the four engineering colleges running under the ambit of SAST are with good number of admissions ( @99%) and placements ( @95%) in IT & AI related disciplines.
- Mission of the Promoting Body:
The mission of the Trust is to set up Educational Institutions to provide quality education to the aspiring students who, with support and guidance from highly qualified and experienced professors, will be groomed into competent professionals. Such well-groomed professionals coming out of the BGSKHET will, in their respective field of excellence, serve the industry/society, play their roles in industrial and commercial growth of the nation and will lead the nation to a path of industrial growth and prosperity.
Primary focus of the Trust is on Education, Empowerment and Environment. Mission statements of the trust are:
- Continuing our tradition of excellence by providing quality education through an effective learning environment
- Generating new knowledge through a broad array of interdisciplinary research and creative endeavors, providing a foundation for dealing with the direct and long-range needs of Industries and Society.
- Empowering students to acquire, demonstrate, articulate and value knowledge & skills that will support them as life-long learners and to practice the core values for contributing to the ever-changing world
- Working to inculcate moral and ethical values amongst the students to make them responsible citizens and good human beings.
- Establishing free hostels for deserving students to assist them in their education and vocation
- Involving with various institutions working in the country for the upliftment of poor, handicapped and neglected people
The trust is empowered to develop, run and provide the infrastructure for rural masses. Sole objective is to take education to rural masses, to improve their social, cultural and educational standards in the society and to enlighten them to be worthy citizens of our great country.
2.5 Vision of the Promoting Body:
“Promoting Value based Education by Preparing Competent Professionals with Core Values who can contribute to the Society, achieving Excellence in the evolving areas of Science, Arts, Commerce, Farming, Technology, Management, Healthcare, Pharmacy, Nursing and Education”.
“ಸಮಾಜಕ್ಕೆ ಕೊಡುಗೆ ನೀಡಬಲ್ಲ ಶ್ರೇಷ್ಠ ಮೌಲ್ಯಗಳೊಂದಿಗೆ ಸಮರ್ಥ ವೃತ್ತಿಪರರನ್ನು ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸುವ ಮೂಲಕ ಮೌಲ್ಯ ಆಧಾರಿತ ಶಿಕ್ಷಣವನ್ನು ಉತ್ತೇಜಿಸುವುದು, ವಿಜ್ಞಾನ, ಕಲೆ, ವಾಣಿಜ್ಯ, ಕೃಷಿ, ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನ, ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆ, ಆರೋಗ್ಯ, ಫಾರ್ಮಸಿ, ನರ್ಸಿಂಗ್ ಮತ್ತು ಶಿಕ್ಷಣದ ವಿಕಸನ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಶ್ರೇಷ್ಠತೆಯನ್ನು ಸಾಧಿಸುವುದು”.